BEFORE the Blessed Sacrament, the Lord communicated a word so powerful, so pregnant with Mercy, that I left the church exhausted…
To those lost souls bound in mortal sin:
THIS IS YOUR HOUR OF MERCY!
To those enslaved by pornography,
Come to Me, the Image of God
To those who are committing adultery,
Come to Me, the Faithful One
To prostitutes, and those who use or sell them,
Come to Me, your Beloved
To those engaging in unions outside the bounds of marriage,
Come to Me, your Bridegroom
To those who worship the god of money,
Come to Me, without paying and without cost
To those in witchcraft or bound in the occult,
Come to Me, the Living God
To those who have made covenant with Satan,
Come to Me, the New Covenant
To those drowning in the abyss of alcohol and drugs,
Come to Me, who am Living Waters
To those enslaved in hatred and unforgiveness,
Come to Me, Fount of Mercy
To those who have taken the life of another,
Come to Me, the Crucified One
To those who are jealous and envious, and murder with words,
Come to Me, who am jealous for you
To those who are enslaved by love of self,
Come to Me, who has laid down His life
To those who once loved me, but have fallen away,
Come to Me, who refuses no soul….and I will blot out your offences, and forgive your transgressions. I will remove your sins, as far as the east is from the west.
In the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, I command the chains which hold you to be broken. I command every principality and power to release you.
I open my Sacred Heart to you as a hiding place and refuge. I will refuse no soul who returns to Me trusting in My infinite Mercy and Love.
THIS IS YOUR HOUR OF MERCY.
Run home to Me, my beloved, run home to Me, and I will embrace you as a Father, clothe you as My child, and protect you like a Brother.
To the one in mortal sin,
Come to Me! Come, before the last few grains of Mercy fall through the hourglass of time…
THIS IS YOUR HOUR OF MERCY!
STEPS TO HEALING
for a soul
REPENTING OF MORTAL SIN:
Pray Psalm 51 right now:
“Have mercy on me, God, in your goodness;
in your abundant compassion blot out my offense.
Wash away all my guilt; from my sin cleanse me.
For I know my offense; my sin is always before me.
Against you alone have I sinned;
I have done such evil in your sight
That you are just in your sentence,
blameless when you condemn.
True, I was born guilty, a sinner,
even as my mother conceived me.
Still, you insist on sincerity of heart;
in my inmost being teach me wisdom.
Cleanse me with hyssop, that I may be pure;
wash me, make me whiter than snow.
Let me hear sounds of joy and gladness;
let the bones you have crushed rejoice.
Turn away your face from my sins;
blot out all my guilt.
Create in me a clean heart, O God
and put a new and right spirit within me.
Cast me not away from your presence,
and take not your holy Spirit from me.
Restore to me the joy of your salvation;
sustain in me a willing spirit.
I will teach the wicked your ways,
that sinners may return to you.
Rescue me from death, God, my saving God,
that my tongue may praise your healing power.
Lord, open my lips; my mouth will proclaim your praise.
For you do not desire sacrifice;
a burnt offering you would not accept.
The sacrifice acceptable to God is a broken spirit;
a broken and contrite heart, O God, you will not spurn.”
- Resolve to find a priest and go to the Sacrament of Confession as soon as possible. Jesus gave priests the authority to forgive sins (John 20:23), and wants you to hear that you are forgiven.
- Smash your idols. You must remove from your midst those things which are leading you to sin. Jesus said, “If your right eye causes you to sin, tear it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one of your members than to have your whole body thrown into hell.”(Matt 5:29)
- Throw away pornography anywhere you have it.
- Remove computers/TV’s that are a temptation, or put them where you can be accountable. What is more important: convenience, or your soul?
- Pour alcohol or drugs down the sink.
- Move out of your partner’s home if you have been living together in sin, and commit to remaining pure in actions and intentions until marriage.
- Get rid of any occultist items, such as horoscopes, Ouija Boards, Tarot Cards, amulets, charms, books or novels on witchcraft or the occult which contain spells, chants, etc. and say a prayer asking God to cleanse you of all evil influence or bondage from these things:
“JESUS, I renounce the use of __________ and ask You to place the power of Your Holy Cross between me and this evil.”
- Make ammends:
- Ask forgiveness when possible.
- Give back or replace what has been stolen, or repair what has been broken.
- Do what is necessary to undo harm where possible.
- Take necessary steps to get help where needed:
- If you have an addiction, or feel overwhelmed by the effects of grave sin, you may need qualified counselling. This may be the way in which God wishes to bring about your complete healing, as long as it takes.
- Go back to church and begin to receive the Sacraments which Christ has provided to strengthen, heal, and transform you. Find a church which you know is faithful to its Catholic teachings. If you aren’t Catholic, ask the Holy Spirit to lead you where to go. And begin to pray each day, speaking with Jesus as you would with a friend. There is no other love greater than God’s love for you, and you will discover this more deeply through prayer and reading the Bible, which is His love letter to you. Trust Him with all your heart.
Questions often asked…
• What exactly IS mortal sin:
Mortal sin is a radical possibility of human freedom, as is love itself. It is a rejection of God’s moral order expressed in His commandments, and written on the human heart. For a sin to be mortal, three conditions must be present: grave matter, full knowledge of the evil of the act, and full consent of the will — one’s God-given free will.
• How does it affect us now, and in eternity?
Mortal sin cuts one off from sanctifying Grace and the gift of eternal life offered freely through Jesus Christ. If mortal sin is not redeemed by repentance and God’s forgiveness, it causes exclusion from Christ’s kingdom and the eternal death of hell — for our freedom has the power to make choices forever, with no turning back.
• Is hell real?
Immediately after death, the souls of those who die in a state of mortal sin descend into hell, where they suffer its punishments, “eternal fire.” The chief punishment of hell is eternal separation from God, in Whom alone man can possess the life and happiness for which he was created and for which he longs. (see also Hell is for Real)
(References: Catechism of the Catholic Church, Glossary, 1861, 1035)
• What do we do if a loved one is in mortal sin?
If we truly love family and friends, we will not make excuses for their lifestyles in order to be liked or to keep from being rejected by them. We must speak the truth, but in gentleness and love. We must also be equipped spiritually, for our battle is not with flesh but with “principalities and powers” (Eph 6:12).
The Rosary and Divine Mercy Chaplet are powerful tools to combat the forces of darkness–make no mistake about this. Fasting also avails us or the situation with tremendous graces. Jesus highlighted that some spiritual battles simply can’t be won without it. Fast, pray, and give everything to God.
First published September 9th, 2006. Now available in pamphlet form:
To hear or order Mark’s music, go to: markmallett.com